Saturday, December 31, 2005

Birthday


Today celebrates the day of my birth
seventeen years ago I came into this world
when I was young time seemed to go so slow.

Einstein said that when people move faster
time ticks slower and slower such that
if one moved fast enough time would stop.

So I figure that I must be going pretty slow
because my life is running at a crazy pace
and it seems that with every coming day

I look farther and farther back
wishing I would start moving faster
If I move faster, things will go slower.

And with the dawn of my seventeenth year I urge
myself, and others, to run hard,
run til you are out of breath

Cause, if you run hard, and stop stopping
to worry about things, your time on Earth
might go slower and you will cherish it longer.



9/12/1996




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?