Saturday, January 07, 2006

The Loop


I am AM in the PM. A bumper sticker.

Sitting in car. It takes everything I've got, just to write a bit. Adam's mix CD is playing.

Had a cigarette not so long. Bought a pack at that little in & out shop on the loop.

Asked for a hard pack of camel lights. Guy working there grabbed them and a stack of comics fell to the ground.

Nothing was said.

It took me a little while to find my money—in the last pocket.

He changed my ten. And went back to what he was doing.

"Was there a receipt with that actually?"

"Did you want one actually?"

"If I could," I said.

Was it something I said.

•••

Man sitting w/ busted up old business shoes and a wine box in his hands. On the way back the guy with the guitar had begun to play.

To, I said no he said as we made eye contact.

"What's up?"

"How's it going?" I said.

"It's going," he said.

Fro, I could've sat down and listened to him begin to play.

12:01-12:12, 4/4/2002




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?